Baking has been an important part of food preparation since the earliest historical times. The Egyptians had Royal Bakeries, and by Roman times over twelve types of pastries were named by Cato. At some point, a flour and water dough began to be enriched with delicious fat, and milk or egg. The result was the creation of flaky dough which could be filled with meat, vegetables and fruit. Pastries became so popular that by Medieval times, pastry making was an absolute art form.
Danishes, strudel, croissants, tarts, apple pie and baklava– mouth-watering treats for breakfast, dessert or snacking at any time. Pastry differs from bread, cakes or cookies in that it has a higher fat content and the fat is dispersed throughout the dough making it flaky and delectable when baked.
Holidays inspire special pastry creations around the world such as the familiar mincemeat or pumpkin pies, bejgli (Hungary), Slizikai (Lithuania), or Azevias de grão (Portugal). In the United States alone, the industry is estimated to be worth $310 billion* a year.
Street vendors have sold sweet rolls and beverages throughout the centuries. Home kitchens the world over have filled rooms with the sweet odor of sugar, butter and fruit making this business opportunity one that just can’t be missed.
Pastries.com Offers Tremendous Value!
- Rare Generic One-Word Domain in the primary .COM namespace. Only one of its kind.
- "Pastries" is used in more than 99 Thousand Global Monthly Searches!
- Chance to be at the top of 27.7 Million Targeted Global Search Results for "Pastries"
- Estimated value in the high 5 figure range USD. An asset that appreciates and can be re-sold!
- We only represent rare and brandable premium domains. Pastries.com has our stamp of approval!